Gobsmacked

I am still feeling star struck and buoyed by the Dervaes Family visit. Admittedly, I am struggling with seeing my image, as I don't photograph well. And it didn't help that I'd walked in the heat right before several of the pictures were taken. I'm the pink one. They sent me photos taken over the weekend of the absolutely wonderful interactions, people and places during their visit from Pasadena. Yesterday I was physically too spent to do anything except my daily walk. I also have had an upset stomach. Through it all I am grinning. What wonderful people and Beany, Mr. Beany too. I was so excited they were coming, but it was wonderful that they understood my fangirl nuttiness with the Dervaes family. Wow.

I was ill prepared for 8 guests in my 272 sf home, but Anais came to the rescue with bags full of additional food, plates and cups. Yes, the downside of the ascetic life or patterns of austerity anyway is not being able to feed a crowd without notice. Vegetarians mind you. I had lots of lamb filled grape leaves and a few non-meat grape leaves for Beany and Mr. Beany. But, I was feeling semi-capable of entertaining a couple and I didn't think I'd have the opportunity to have Jules, Anais, Jordanne, Justin along with Janice and Sergio visit too. A riches of guests.

6 comments:

Sam said...

I hate how I look in pictures too. I've never photographed well even when I was young (didn't help that I was always scowling in pictures). But I figure when I'm 50, I'll look back and be amazed at how good I look. At least that's what I'm hoping.

katecontinued said...

I have to remember that because it is true. When I saw the pictures in the Angela retrospective I experienced that.

I am still trying to diddle around with the pictures . . . grrrrr. I am challenged and impatient.

katecontinued said...

Well, I was going to email this - but since it has come up - M agreed with me that you are a very beautiful woman. Funny, I'd forgotten this as I tend to focus on our conversations rather than these details. Just sharing . . .

Chile said...

Well, not to worry about the pictures, girls...they didn't load when I went to the Dervaes site. ;-)

How lovely of you to invite them to your home, Kate! The visit sounds wonderful. I'll try not to be too envious...

Sam said...

Aww thanks Kate (and M!). That is too sweet.

Chile: If you plan a visit to my place the next time the Dervaes come to town you won't have to be envious!

Anonymous said...

i also follow the dervaes family. your potluck dinner sounded wonderful and the pictures were warm and delightful. they spoke of the community we need to nurture along with our gardens.
becky