I58: Invest Instead


This will be another day of my being 'in' but I wanted to just leave a thought for today. This morning I heard some numbers and my mind wrestled with teh maths. Apparently it will cost $3,000,000,000,000 for this fucking war! Nobel Laureate Joseph Stiglitz and Harvard Economist Linda Bilmes write on the true cost of the this illegal US invasion and occupation of Iraq in their book, Three Trillion Dollar War. In fact they estimate it could reach five trillion.

So if there are about six billion people on earth, I'd suggest that $500 - $833.33 for every single child, woman and man on earth. Just using the first number . . .

$3,000,000,000,000 ÷ 6,000,000,000 = $500

Much better deal. Talk about stimulating the economy! Talk about capturing hearts and minds. I would sleep better as a human being. We are monsters to the rest of the world.

No comments: