U134: Unfuckingbelievable

I chose not to buy the modem the Cox Cable repairman hooked up to my computer last Friday. Yes, it seemed to make everything work better, but it was $80 and that was just too high. It was especially pricey if I find I can go wireless and no longer need a modem. The repairman came three different times between Thursday and Friday last week. It was tough to have him take away the new modem and leave me without internet access for a long holiday weekend. But, I chided myself about all of my goals of freedom from dependence.

Then, on Saturday I took on a project that meant I was roaming all over this mobile home park taking pictures outside each place. I will be writing about that process too. But, what is important is that I started hearing from my neighbors who were all complaining about their internet service. Several had put it together and realized there were about a dozen of us in this one park who had Cox Cable repairmen coming to our separate homes all within the same several days. Like my repairman, many made multiple visits.

Keystone Cox, my new name for them. What is the point of having a mega database if there is nothing that flags a dispatcher or supervisor that a dozen trucks are converging on a 1.6 acre area?

For the record, in case there are those too young to remember the Keystone Cops reference:
The term has since come to be used to criticize any group for its mistakes, particularly if the mistakes happened after a great deal of energy and activity, or if there was a lack of coordination among the members of the group.

To continue, on Monday, Cox sent several big trucks with higher up technical repairmen. Some main feed was changed at the corner of the property. All is well and I didn’t have to spend $80. Unfuckingbelievable.

No comments: