S319: Switched Off



Busy day out of the house . . . I want to share some clever design concepts related to getting off the grid or simply reducing the electrical use in our homes. I don’t have the links because I’d started collecting these myself before I thought of blogging. I wanted them so I could hack the idea and do it my own way. In that spirit I share these. This ‘transformer’ look will be a major design trend when it finally occurs to the multinationals, the design industry and the politicians that we are in deep shit here.

This cork idea could be enlarged upon for a mounting device for pictures and words or statements of any kind. I suspect an inventory around the house and especially at kitchen counter height will reveal switches (disposal) and receptacles no longer being used. Transformation can take the form of either function or irony. . .




No comments: