Here are the rules:
1. All food consumed each day must total $1 for each of us.
2. We cannot accept free food or “donated” food unless it is available for everyone in our area. (i.e. foraging, samples in stores, dumpster diving)
3. Any food we plant, we pay for.
4. We will do our best to cook a variety of meals; ramen noodles can only be prepared if there is no other way to stay under one dollar. (We have six packages and will buy no more)
5. Should we decide to have guests over for dinner they must eat from our share; meaning they don’t get to eat their own dollar’s worth of food.
Each day one of us will post an entry here with a photo that details how things are going. So if you want some daily entertainment, look no further than: OneDollarDietProject
If you think what we’re doing is interesting, inspiring, or just plain nutty, consider SPONSORING our efforts. Simply enter in an amount, click “update total” and follow the prompting. If you don’t have PayPal, it will let you use a credit card. At the end of the of the month all proceeds will go to the Community Resource Center (snip) and/or the ONE campaign. We will post evidence of donations at the end.
So stick with us, and feel encouraged to get in touch or comment as we move forward.
Our first post will come later tonight!
Feeling hungry already,
Christopher & Kerri
O286: One $ / Day
It is World Food Day and I find it appropriate to introduce a remarkable challenge by two teachers in my neck of the woods. They blogged about their 30 day challenge called One Dollar Diet Project. It is well worth starting at the beginning and reading each entry.