E35: Error

I made a mistake.

I wrote last Tuesday about Black History Month and the dismal programming. But I watched a really fine program Wednesday on PBS, African American Lives 2. It included some celebrity stories, as I reported, like Chris Rock, Tina Turner, Maya Angelou, Don Cheadle and several people who weren’t famous. The historian, Prof. Henry Louis Gates was host. He said at one point, there was a reason so many stories of African Americans were lost.

Who wants to remember all that pain?

The PBS Website’s promotion of the African American Lives 2 has some good features, one in particular called Sharing Stories. I stand corrected. There are a few things worth looking for here. I am such a shameless fan of Maya Angelou. Her every word is poetry to me.

If you are going to be inside this afternoon, the Eyes on the Prize series is showing in my area. I am thinking of all of the places where the weather is bad and people are staying warm inside. If you have a television . . .